16 October 2015

Reflection

As individuals we have reflected on our learning experiences over the course of our blog being live. As practitioners know, reflection is an important part of practice. Below are some of our thoughts.

As a recently qualified practitioner I wasn't aware of much surrounding forest school. I had to research a lot in order to find information and this has helped me although I feel the discussion the comments have created has been the most beneficial to me. I hope I can bring in more aspects of forest school to my setting as well as having helped people learn more themselves.

I think that the way this module was delivered was a refreshing approach to learning. I have learnt a lot about forest schools including their history, how the approach reached the UK and the benefits and challenges of risky play in the concept of Forest Schools. I would have like to have been available to implant a Forest school activity on the study weekend to help me view this type of learning from a child's perspective. Thank you to Louise and the rest of the group.

Through carrying out research around the topic of developing forest schools there is a visible link between the experience with nature and the value it holds on a child’s holistic development. It is important that practitioner promote good practice through being supportive, questioning the children’s actitation’s and extending their learning in order to ensure that each child has the opportunity to gain full potential in their experiences of Forest Schools and outdoor learning.

Thank you for being a part of our blog -  Charlotte, Frankie, Jade, Georgia and Sophie!

No comments:

Post a Comment